Re: [MV] jump starting with a 24V generator

From: Dave (gpw1942@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 05:43:43 PST

Hi Mark,
 Not sure what the list will have to say about this.....but.
I recently had my passenger side alt rebuilt for my M1009. When I
reinstalled it, the battery was dead. I jumped the front battery with my
civilian jeep (12 v) and she started up.
I believe the starter is 12v, the list will correct me if I am wrong.
The only problem would be the 24v glow plugs. I don't see why you could
not put a 12 v battery charger on the second battery to solve that problem.
Dj