[MV] Red Ball Vendor Thanks

From: Fred H. Schlesinger (fred@schlesingers.net)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 06:08:59 PST

Regarding your gripe about the Redball show, it was indeed unfortunate that
you didn't find what you want.

I was there on Saturday and the indoor session was full of vendors. It was
a lot of fun. Bought convoy lights from Karl. They were new (NOS) and
great shape when I unpacked it. Thank you Karl for a great deal!!

The Redball guys did a great job with their show. They are certainly to be
commended for all of the work that they did putting on their show. I
thoroughly enjoyed it.

The Military Transport Association runs a show in Dover, NJ in March. I
would certainly invite you to make that trip again and come to our show.
Our experience is that if the vendors do well, they stay until Sunday. I
would say that at least 80% of the vendors stayed over, but we had great
weather, and the advertising we did and the outdoor vehicle display brought
in lots of people after church on Sunday. For the vendors who stayed, it
was well worth it.

However, if the weather is iffy, or Saturday's sales didn't perform, there
is no way to keep the vendors there. And you can't really blame the vendors
or Redball. There is a lot of expense in staying over. They usually get
several hotel rooms and here you can spend a hundred bucks or so for a room.

By the away, might as well get a plug in. For information on the show, See
www.mtaofnj.org . And Vendors. Inside tables are almost all gone. We sold
ten more just walking around the Redball show with vendors grabbing your arm
and handing you money. So better get them soon.