Re: [MV] Video As promised

From: L51940@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 10:21:42 PST

As I watched Mike's video I remembered an idea I had a long time ago to install a pipe from front to back under an off road vehicle. With some form of a roller fairlead at each end a winch cable could be threaded thru and you could safely use your front winch for pulling backwards. This pipe would encompass the cable and not allow it to wreck anything under the truck or mess up the cable itself. The hook on the winch cable would have to removable so that the pipe could be of moderate size. A small diameter cable, with loops at each end could be used as a fish line to pull the cable thru the pipe. When retrieving the cable back into the winch the fish line would be pulled back in to the pipe, ready for the next time. Has anyone ever seen this done?

Dave McConnell