Re: [MV] De-carboning old timers trick

From: J. Wiehe (j.wiehe@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun May 02 2004 - 10:57:53 PDT

Long time ago, IMSMC, you used to get a product that I think was called
" Cleans " ( ? ) , from the Chevy / GMC dealer. You would just pour it slowly
down the throat of the carb. while the engine was running enough so it
would not stall and when the last ½ cup was reached you quickly dumped
it in and let the engine stall and had to wait 15 minutes or something
and then restart.

I did this with my M38 back in 1981.

The only old wives tale about ATF was 1 cup per tank of diesel for
clean injectors that I seem to recall.

Jim Wiehe VA3JHW
j.wiehe@sympatico.ca