Re: [MV] De-carboning old timers trick

From: Bigfoot Ghille (ghille@writeme.com)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 20:13:03 PDT

I've never tried the old timers trick, but my NAPA guy recommended "Sea Foam".  I comes in either aerosol or can.  I tried the aerosol today, and it made a noticeable improvement.  My M715 used to "top out" at about 52 MPH.  After the "Sea Foam" I got it past 60MPH, and had some pedal left!  It also works much better than WD-40 or PB Blaster at un-sticking bolts.