Re: [MV] Rear lockout hubs

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 02:26:10 PDT

Art and list,

I'm glad you took the time to manufacture the rear
axle disconnects. Your products appear to be of the
highest quality and are equally as practical.

I don't remember seeing anyone write that your
products are "crap" or "no good". You should
understand that most of us with M35's and the like
have them as hobby vehicles and simply can't justify
the cost. It's the way it is, deal with it.

Furthermore, I have driven my M35 with the interaxle
shaft removed and have discovered what Dr. Deuce said
to be true to a certain point. The front-rear axle
alone does not have a lot of traction during slow
speed manuvers.

However, it is not a problem to lock the front axle in
and have superior traction over most other vehicles.
So my opinion is go ahead and buy the products from
Art, you won't have a problem with traction, just lock
in the front when needed. The benefits of having the
rear axle disconnected are worth it. For me, 15
minutes and a couple of wrenches to take off the
interaxle shaft is good enough.

Sincerely,

Marc