Re: [MV] Rear lockout hubs

From: Steve & Jeannie Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 16:03:57 PDT

I would STRONGLY recommend that you remove the inter-axle
shaft and drive your M35 around especially on paved roads that
twist the truck somewhat and stop and try to pull out especially
if you have a cargo truck.

Years ago I tried removing the interaxle shaft on my CCKW and
found that the truck would get stuck very easily on paved roads.
Coming out of my driveway on the side of a hill, the truck could not
pullout up the hill. I determined that disabling the front axle was
more important than the rear axle fix. I have driven my CCKW
over 50,000 miles since I have owned it without any rear end
or transfercase problems. I also am meticulous about having a
matched set of tires on the back, that like an M35 the CCKW
is in 8WD all the time.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce