RE: [MV] The MUTT project is underway at last!! Need a warning decal.

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 15:09:47 PDT

Register in California!?

You forgot to mention that the CA DMV won't know how to enter the vehicle in their prepackaged system, will not just hand over a plate to a old restored MV... and will put you through an additional 3~4 month wait as you're going to be required to go through the CHP for a vehicle inspection. After making an appointment, waiting at least 2 months, and going through the inspection process you'll then have to go back to the DMV to take them all of that paperwork. The CHP inspection wasn't that bad. Spending all day outside, answering the same questions truthfully and honestly over and over, and having the officer check every inch of the vehicle is better than spending all day in a cramped, stuffy DMV office trying to convince DMV employees in my opinion.

I hear there's problems trying to register MUTTs, being that they are often mistaken as jeeps, and some of those workers won't budge on giving into the facts.

Aaron Horrocks
1952 M38A1