[MV] Transport from KC to West Coast

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 09:48:07 PDT

Well the dreaded day has arrived: I would like to buy an tiny MV near
Kansas City, Mo and ship it here.

Most posts on list indicate the going price is/was about $1 to $1.25 per
mile, but isn't that for a full load? I would like to buy a tug from
Stephen near KC, Mo however the current bid to get it to my house is
over $1000 which puts it at more than twice the tugs price :]

Do haulers often combine loads, thus hopefully halving or significantly
lowering the transport costs? Is anyone bringing a load of great goods
out west who might have room for a lowly tug? ( no, Bruce: not a boat.. )

Thanks

        Paul A. Thomas
        MVPA #24986
        '53 REO M35 Fire Conversion