Re: [MV] Licensing big rigs without a second mortgage

From: Ida Heath (spike@defuniak.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 11:02:36 PDT

Dave,

What state is this rig registered in? He would not have been able to
register it as an RV in Florida. To register it in Florida the fifth wheel
cannot be there and the prime mover must have one of three things
permanently attached as far as I understand the statue. It must have either
a hookup for 110 volt alternating current, a hookup for water or a hookup
for liquid petroleum. Either one of the three will get you an RV tag. It
don't make a lot of sense to me but thats what they have on the books.

Thanks for the photo. He just has a tractor, plain and simple, the way it
looks to me. I'm surprised that the DOT don't stay on his case.

Sonny