Re: [MV] Tea under armour - heating the M&V

From: Douglas Greville (dgrev@iinet.net.au)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 22:36:18 PDT

Steve

> I would assume so. SPAM hardly qualifies as meat. It's more like misc.
> animal parts, some of which might so happen to have some meat on them.
> Seriously... thanks to FDA requirements they have to list what is really
> in there, and last time I recall looking at one it wasn't very
> appetizing. Might be better off having vegemite :-)
>
> <http://www.cockeyed.com/inside/vegemite/vegemite.html>

I couldn't pull that link in, but being an Aussie Vegemite is okay.
Personally I prefer Promite as it has a bit more taste, but each to
his own.
For the unnitiated, Vegemite is a vegetable extract with the
appearance, consistency and some say, the taste of steam engine
grease. It is one of those aquired, "I grew up eating it" things
along the lines of Iced Tea and Hot Dogs in the USA, Sauerkrautsaft,
Brockwurst/Bratwurst/Currywurst in Germany, Haggis in Scotland and
Pickled Raw Fish (ugh!) in Holland.
It can be found on the wish list of most Aussies serving overseas,
usually the military will supply it just to shut up all the requests
for it. Last I asked the powers-that-be had not seen fit to include
it in the field rations.

Regards
Doug

                 Armoured Vehicles Collector
        _______
      _/_(_o_)_\_ ____
    _/|___|_|___|\_ /____\
   / [___] [___] \ Douglas Greville _/[o]___\_
  /\_ [o] [o] _/\ Broken Hill __/=_|____|_=\__
  |w|\u u/|w| Australia |w| \ / |w|
          M8 Ferret

                     dgrev@iinet.net.au