Re: [MV] CCKW brake system parts

From: Steve & Jeannie Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 20:06:36 PDT

As I have stated many times, the master on a CCKW is the
same as an M35. VT Comm Salvage has them, brand new
US made for $55 (note this is a 2 year old price that I paid,
may be different now).

Split fronts are not commercially available as I found this year
with Annie the crane CCKW. I had mine brass lined by White
Post in NC. They do a nice job.

The rears (banjo and split axled trucks) are the same as civy
ones and are available from Jim Carter Chevrolet antique
parts (same as 1.5 ton civy Chevy).
http://oldchevytrucks.biz/p/1934_1946/fullpage.php?page=t1

Banjo fronts (civy ones from Jim Carter) can be used on the
pass side. The drivers side has an interference problem with
the hose. The mil WC has the hose coming in at about a 30
degree up angle to clear the steering arm.

I use civy ones on the pass side and save the mil ones for the
drivers side. Lately, I have been having all mine brass lined by
White Post.
http://www.whitepost.com/brake.html

Steve AKA Dr Deuce
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-859870.html