Re: [MV] Vendor's take advantage on Ebay

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 18:03:08 PST

If I have to use a carton I have purchased, and bubble wrap I
have purchased, it is unfair for me to not recover the costs of
those, however slight. I am talking about $1 to $5. $5 gets you a
30x24x24 carton and alot of bubble wrap.

Peanuts are cheaper, but they allow the payload to shift about in
the carton and get next to the side, where it can be damaged.
Newspaper compacts and does not cushion. Foam-in-place is best
but very $$.

I ship alot of delicate electronic stuff and want to see it
arrive in one piece. An M35 air horn on the other hand travels
very well with sloppier/cheapo packing.

If I use, as I prefer, a carton and packing material I have
obtained for free, then it is unfair to charge for packing, and I
do not charge.