Re: [MV] Train Pics-war contribution

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 10:25:50 PST

At 10:09 AM -0800 12/2/04, Convoy Magazine wrote:
>Gee Steve, giving kinda short shrift to some, eg
>Canada ?

I make a difference between now and then. They used to have a carrier.

>Canada had the 3rd biggest Navy,

Now they have no carriers, only 3 DDs, 12 Frigates, 4 Subs that are
all stuck in port and some patrol/mine counter measure's ships and 2
replenishment ships.
http://www.hazegray.org/worldnav/americas/canada.htm

What are they down to, an Armored Brigade?

What's the Canadian Airforce made up of now?

Mind you, I don't demean what they contribute now, the PPCLI that
are/were in Afganistan are most certainly welcome. But I have to
wonder, what has happened to the Red Ensign?

As the flea says:
This country has also been a force for liberty. The third largest
navy in the world fed Britain through the dark days of the Blitz and
Hitler's north Atlantic wolf packs. This is the country that took
Vimy Ridge and that stormed Juno Beach. Let's bring back that Canada.
http://www.ghostofaflea.com/archives/002405.html

>But please just remember, you won WITH the allies
>England, Canada, the ANZACs, South Africa, India,
>Russia, (free) Poles Czechs etc etc, not alone.

Which is why I re-enact British in the US. The Commonwealth story
must be told to Americans.

Huzzah the anglosphere.
http://www.pattern.com/bennettj-anglosphereprimer.html

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -