Re: [MV] Driving with a load

From: Squirt_Truck (squirt_truck@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 13:17:12 PST

Welllll,
1200 degrees is not that bad on the EGT if it does not
stay there long enough to coke the oil. Unless you
have the pump turned way up then it become a self
limiting factor, once you roll over the power hump the
temp will drop off and the excess fuel will cool the
EGT.
Diesels ALWAYS run lean, there is no mixture
adjustment, always excess air until the fuel
overwhelms and the exhaust goes totally blace or even
whiteish gray.
1500 degrees will not hurt your turbo for short pulls.
Remember these engines have a fairly flat power curve,
it is better to downshift at a higher RPM and not lug
the engine so much, Lugging loads the rings and
bearings excessively. I believe that 1800 is the
maximum downshift RPM.

Squirt_Truck