Re: [MV] Vaccum test results ... re M151 mystery miss

From: Convoy Magazine (convoymagazine@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 04:45:38 PST

Just a note.
I had a "hard start" condition.(Chev CMP-235cid).ran
ok but difficult to get fired up, esp when warm.

could NOT figure out why, then while putzing about,
discovered a break in the relatively new HT leads.
(even though testing the plug out of the block
earlier with that wire had shown a healthy spark)

So not taking a chance, got a whole new set.., and
bingo starts right up like a CHARM! runs like a clock.

Which is to say, I concur with Noel that an HT problem
may be playing a role....so if you can, try a new set
of HT leads and see if there's any change (or at least
a new one on the problem cylinder)

(And we used to pour a bit of STP into old cylinders
to get compression up.)

cheers
Marc

---