Re: [MV] Cost of petrol

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 09:25:58 PDT

At 11:28 AM -0400 4/8/05, Stephen Grammont wrote:

>I wonder how one of those would fit in a SUV or how that will curb completely wasteful plastic packaging or cut down on the overuse of petro-chemical based pesticides? :-) Remember... oil is what our ENTIRE economy is based on, which means fixing one rather small piece of it (i.e. domestic electricity generation) won't fix the bigger problem.

No, but it would reduce the cost of Natural Gas used for Electricity Generation and thus the load on the NG/Propane market for other uses including I think the refinery costs for conventional Crude Oil Refined products. Lower Electricity costs would help as well on the electric Car market.

I'm still under the impression that the Greenies stopping as many new generation/refining plants as they have is also part of the cost factor for the final end products at the meter/pump.

> Industry wants to actually reverse things and become worse, again without thinking about the practical implications.

That's share holder value they're worried about.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -