Re: [MV] Helicopter Sealed Bid at Surplus Property

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 20:21:37 PDT

Sorry to say Lar but you are incorrect. I have personally converted many
OH-58's, UH1-H & Ns and OH-6s to civilian service. It takes some
modification but it's not all that hard or expensive to do. Of course a lot
of the mods are just plain a pain in the rear but after you are finished and
the FAA inspects and are happy they issue you a civilian certification and
"N" number. You can then do anything in that helicopter that you can do in
one you buy that's always been a civilian model. I did this for years and
as I am now at odds with the major airline that I worked for I may take this
up again. It's actually a good business to be in, (most of the time). Just
be sure and get your money up front!!!!!!!!!!!! Ask me how I know that
one!!

On the other hand if you want to keep it military for what ever reason then
you leave it as it is and it holds an experimental certificate and cannot do
the things that a civy bird can do.

Best Regards,

Ed