RE: [MV] Aervoe Paint - Keeping fingers crossed....

From: Mike Maynard (mike@wesleyscott.com)
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 07:55:54 PDT

Sure... Jeff at Aervoe said to use between 5-10% thinner with their paint.
We used about 8.25. Now let me warn you, using that little thinner makes
the paint go FAST!! We used almost a gallon on one coat of the M1009 in this
manner!!

For thinners, DON'T USE LAQUER THINNER!!! I have had some speculation from
a couple of people that this may (or may not) be the cause of some of the
pink issues...

Aervoe says to use one of their three thinners...

494 Fast Thinner - which is 75% Acetone, 25% Xylene by weight
908 Medium Thinner - which is 50% VM&P Naphtha, 50% Xylene by weight
909 Slow Thinner - which is 25% Acetone, 75% Xylene by weight

We didn't have any of their thinners at our disposal, so we used straight
Naptha. We sprayed our final coat at about 62 degrees on a slightly breezy
afternoon, and it dried FAST... I would recommend going with a slower
thinner than we used. I actually had to wash overspray off from where we
moved around to the other side of the truck. I think if we had actually
used something more equivalent to their medium thinner we would have been
fine, but no Xylene was available to us.

I hope this helps,
Mike