RE: [MV] Aervoe Paint - Keeping fingers crossed....

From: Fred H. Schlesinger (fred@schlesingers.net)
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 09:10:30 PDT

What type of hardeners do you use with your enamel paints?

Are there different hardeners for different paints?

I have shot many types of 2 part paint products, like Imron, for example,
which is factory designed to use a 2 part mix. But have never experimented
with using a hardener in regular old enamel (or Laquer).

What do I have to know? IE, is active respiration required like with Imron?
Are there any coparisons of paint with hardener to without, etc.

Can you add hardener to a rust preventive hi zinc product? Special primers?
Resistance to fuel/volitiles??