Re: [MV] My recent run in with the Commercial Vehicle Police - Indiana

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 11:42:39 PDT

That is true. I have seen "not for hire" on trucks and also "private
carrier - not for hire". However at this point I don't see what either
one would do for you. If you are a Private carrier or not for hire, but
still commercial, you are still subject to the USDOT BS. Once you hit
the magic 10,000 GVWR and you are commercial you are suppose to have
USDOT numbers, DOT inspections, carry a medical card.

I don't think the pull over many 10K GVWR commercial trucks - but I have
heard that they are pulling over 1 ton trucks pulling Bobcats around
here that have the company name on the side of the cab. They make them
get DOT numbers, and inspections, and medical cards.

Dave