Re: [MV] MVPA - interesting reading on the G503 list

From: Bob N (notmanr7@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 01:57:03 PDT

Now I want to sort of laugh...as a card carrying member of the MVPA since
about 1980 with a break here and there. I never thought of the club as a
"jeep club". If you look at Army Motors, it covers much more than jeeps.
Popularity of jeeps may be related to availability, ease of repair as
compares to something on the scale of armor or even a Dodge. Have a buddy
says he is selling off his WW2 Dodge trucks and moving into the jeep
world..."I'm getting too old to change the dang tires on the Dodge..."

Instead of a "jeep club" I see the MVPA as trying to allow itself to quietly
be taken over by the re-enactor crowd. I'm sure there's a place to play
dress up but is the MVPA it? I don't see anything wrong with playing dress
up for a parade or a special event but running around the woods, yelling
"hoo-ah!"...I'm not there, just yet. 8^) The MVPA is basically a car club.
You can tell it by the judging standards where a dull plain ol' factory job
vehicle is considered better than one loaded up and ready to use, just like
during the war, campaign, police action (whatever).

But these current events seem to be about a very few members that want to
oust a member, actually a board member with what allegedly appears like a
lack of due process. It really licks the red off your candy and throws it
into the sand.

Bob n>
www.42FordGPW.com