Re: [MV] Fw: [MV] Rockwell differentials - brake line pressures

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 02 2005 - 12:21:34 PDT

Actually that is probably not true. Disk brakes typically require a lot
more PSI than drum brakes to get the same amount of braking action.
Disk brakes on a trailer typically require about 1500 psi - the
equivalent drum brakes require only about 800 psi or about half the
pressure. I'd bet that the brake system in a duece or 5 ton operate at
a lot less than a 1000 psi.

Dave