Re: [MV] MV Displays

From: DBaumanjr@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 16 2005 - 20:02:03 PDT

Our local airport(Toledo Express) has an airshow every few years. A nice show
with a bunch of military aircraft to walk through. Last time there was even a
C-47 gunship(aka "PUFF") to tour. Anyway, there was also a MV display. The
usual, bring it Friday night, leave it until Sunday evening. Everything under
armed guard. I can live with that. The part I can't live with, is the fact that
the MVPA guy in charge wants to pick & choose which vehicles are "good enough"
to be displayed. Of course most of his vehicles were on display, even a M-37
style of ambulance with a crappy restoration. But he was iffy about my Dad's
ground up restored M718.
 I got a lot of "Cool Truck" comments about my partially restored M715 that
the wife, daughter & I drove & parked in the general admission parking lot. Top
off, of course.

Darryl Bauman Jr.
[OlolllllllllolO]
1967 M715 w/winch