Re: [MV] M-1009 Starter

From: bruce C. Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 11:21:42 PDT

Hi Ed,
    My suggestion is to pull the starter and look at the soleoid/bendix
that is mounted on the top.
You will find some big contacts in there that may be pitted badly. If
you are lucky, you can flip them
over or something like that to get a new contact surface. Don't remember
the details, but once you have it appart, it should be obvious. This is
pretty easy to do, so I would definetely give it a try.
Bruce