Re: M123A1C info

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 07:59:53 PDT

The market is pretty limited.

I know of two that are for sale for about scrap value I believe they are
still for sale. These two have the big Leroi gas engines. I considered
buying both, but can't figure out what they could be used for in a
commercial sense and apparently no one else can either. They were
really designed to be used off road at slow speed. I you have 1000
acres of trees and want to do some logging, then they might be
practical. Have you seen the Vannata brothers website regarding the M123?

http://www.vannattabros.com/truck6.html

A pretty interesting read.

The big riggers tend to use huge Mack trucks with triple drive axles to
do the same thing. But those often have 500+ hp also so they can
maintain highway speeds while dragging huge overloads. That isn't
possible with a M123.

Might be useful with a huge dump trailer as the website shows. But
strictly offroad, so you can avoid the entire overload thing.

Dave