RE: 5 Ton transfer case sprag

From: David B (wdbtchr@excite.com)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 09:24:22 PST

Both of my 5 tonners are like this and I know of at least 2 more the same way. I have a steep road up a hill that they won't go up forward, 100% slip, but they will go up easily in reverse.

I know the air cylinder moves, because I had my son shift from forward to reverse while I watched under the truck. Tried the kerosene trick in the xfer case on both, didn't help. Sure would be nice to have it work right.

David B
1953 Dodge M-37
1965 Kaiser Jeep M-51A2
1967 Kaiser Jeep M-54A2