Re: GPS accuracy

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 10:36:00 PST

I have a military issue Rockwell PLGR, (Precision Lightweight GPS Receiver),
AN/PSN-11 and it is amazing how close to a known point it is. I have the
complete vehicle kit with external antenna installed in my M-1009 & used it
to designate landing zones for our Medivac helicopters here in Cherokee
County. The Medivac Pilots all stated that our coordinates were the best of
any county in any state that they have flown missions in. I'm VERY happy
with it for everything that I have ever used it for. Of course I have no
access to any of the codes that are used by the military to get it to the
closest point possible but within 2 feet as is normal for it is plenty good
enough for me!

Best Regards,

Ed

"Sirs, you have no reason to be ashamed of your Confederate dead; see
to it they have no reason to be ashamed of you"