Re: Couple of five ton Qs

From: V SCHWARTZ (vsaws@optonline.net)
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 09:31:43 PST

Blaine, Your 5 Ton Probably has a sprag unit in the transfere case. the
sprag works on a 2% limited slip. This means that when the rear wheels begin
to slip at 2% the sprag will engage and provide power to the front wheels.
the rest of the time they are free wheeling. The power steering as
originally used by the military used OE 10 this is the same for all M
series trucks.