Re: BAR

From: SGM PANTANO (TRUKS1@msn.com)
Date: Mon Jan 30 2006 - 14:15:07 PST

I know it was NOT legal.. But.. I was NAVY..and friends who were BEES...and
were headed "in-country". I found a way to send along extra weapons for
them.. Once in-country -- they simply said they "acquired" the weapon there.
I can remember at least 5 weapons that went there under cover.. None were
found -- ALL were used well while there.. ALL had to be left there..Sadly -
17 - yes ---seventeen .. M1911-A1 .45 automatics were coming home for me..
The SEABEE that was hauling them for me..was PCS'd and could not come home
as planned........ Darned -- the weapons were not discovered where they
were -- and to this day -- they may still be there....
Anyone here from ACU-1 ????

Gene