Re: Need a data plate Bantam Jeep Trailer

From: Jess Minton (pd.minton@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 21:05:28 PST

Rob,
   Your trailer, as I am told, was probably sold by Sears Catalog
after the war as that was the easiest way for Bantam to sell the BT-3
trailers that had left. Evidently Bantam was quite good at making
trailers and built more that the army was willing to buy..They are
supposed to have continued making the trailer until 1953. I haven't
found the civilian tag for these.. they must have been pretty cheaply
made since I have never seen a real tag still on a civilian Bantam
trailer... If you do a Google search you may find some photos of the
data tag.. looks to be shaped like and elongated diamond with 2
rivets holding it on the front upper outside drivers side corner.
/ \
Let me know if someone finds one. I did hear a rumor a secret ID
number was stamped in the frame facing down somewhere but I have
never found that one..
Good luck and enjoy your trailer..
Great trailer web site
http://members.aol.com/brimiljeep/WebPages/JeepTrailerPage.html