Re: MV Magazine Apr Issue

From: Chance Wolf (bigbadwolf@telus.net)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 19:52:10 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "International Movie Services" <
ims@telus.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] MV Magazine Apr Issue

> We think the Hiller will fly!!

I'd settle for "get the blades to rotate without the use of C4" at the
moment. :)

Actually, it's a thing of beauty. It's sitting in the bottom of this
forested gully with muck and slime and the vulture-picked bones of many a
1960's travel-trailer littering the surrounding area, but there it sits -
complete - all cocooned in black-plastic garbage bags with its US ARMY
markings on the tail-boom showing through an indifferently-applied layer of
WalMart blue paint. All the avionics are still present - as are the nav
lights and stuff -- everything right down to the mount and cables for the
ARC-5. It's a two-stick one we figure came up from Ft. Wolters primary helo
school before they swapped over to the TH-55 Osage sometime in, I think,
1969 - and how it came to be perched on its trailer all nicely preserved in
the middle of a stand of 20 yr old trees at the bottom of a gully is
anyone's guess. Probably make a decent History Channel short, or, if the
rain doesn't stop, a fairly riveting Horror movie. Now we just need our
long-sought UH-1H non-flyer to keep it company, but nobody seems to have
anything but bent, naked, perspex-less aluminum which may've once attended
the masquerade ball *dressed* as a Huey.

(We wanted to fly the Hiller out but I can't get my M1009 and slave-cable
close enough for a jump-start. After all, Microsoft Flight Simulator says
I'm ready to solo, and who am I to argue with the mighty Bill Gates?)