Re: Fw: Update French MV Situation

From: Marty Galyean (marty@heavyreckoning.com)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2006 - 01:46:40 PST

Patrick Jankowiak wrote:

> I should have saved this for April 1, now that I think about it. -but
> it's all true. We do today live in a world where any product may
> contain parts made in any place on the globe. Avoiding a product
> stamped as "from a certain place" guarantees nothing in terms of
> ultimate product avoidance.

One can have as "little to do as feasible" with French products and make
a sizable statement.

If what you are saying is that the "world is so complicated" that a
person has zero choice in who they do business with then you are
completely wrong. So I have a few semiconductors made in France in a
box that is mostly made up of stuff made outside of France. Big deal.
Let their government appease the Jihaddis with that much less tax income
than if the entire thing were made in France.

As for risk...

Seems to me the French are the one's risking everything by trying to
appease the Jihaddis at the expense of western culture. But what would
western culture be without the French filling the "appeasement" shoes so
well.

Marty