Re: Sticking brakes was Re: More from our resident morons...........

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2006 - 08:57:10 PDT

Yes, I have found that ignoring any type of brake problems gets very
expensive. I had a brake problem on my 2 ton truck with disk brakes.
The brake calipher was sticking - pad overheated - finally came loose
from the pad and jammed into the rotor smoked like crazy. It put me on
the side of the road for a while. I swore that the tire was on fire it
smoked so badly. Ended up buying two new rotors for about $200 each plus
pads - about $600 later the truck was back on the road. And that was
with me doing the work!

Dave