Re: SEMANTICS: Bio Diesel Conversion]

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2006 - 19:55:26 PDT

At 10:41 PM +0100 5/3/06, Jim Webster wrote:
>I have to admit that I was just skimming this
>topic until this morning when I was passing the
>local fish'n'chip shop and just out of curiosity
>I asked the owner what he did with his old
>oil... turns out he pays someone to take it away
>(as usual) and dispose of it. Seems I can have
>as much as I want as long as I don't charge
>him...

That's the advantage of Biodeisel. Eventually,
someone will start paying for it, but until then
we can pick it up for free. Just don't take it
out of the tank that the company that's being

paid to get it owns.

>Looks like the running costs of that big russian
>diesel I have been dreaming off have suddenly
>dropped!
>
>I wonder if biodiesel is any good to burn in a heating boiler?

Yep. It will. You might have to chance the burner
element depending on its design and size of
orifice, but it's not a huge change from what
I've read. The other advantage is that you could
get a lister cycle diesel engine and a generator
head and use that as a supplemental power source
in blackouts. Get really sneaky and you can use
the lister cycle engine to heat a radiator that's

in the circuit for your heating system.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)