Fw: White star and circle D-Day vehicle marking

From: gribouille (gribouille@brutele.be)
Date: Sat May 20 2006 - 04:46:16 PDT

For what I know about that :

white star with a broken circle around it = Sicily landing and these
vehicles had these markings during the Italy campaign and later.

white star with a circle around it = Normandy 1944 and these vehicles had
these markings during the France campaign and later.

white star only = vehicles who were build after these campaigns or who
served otherwhere.

You are right about the airplanes D-day markings too.

They also used a yellow star instead of the white one during the Sicily
landing period ...

Regards,

Mithril
Ford GPA Sn 7177 Dod 30 jan 1943