Military Vehicles, November 1996,: Re: CDL Licensing

Re: CDL Licensing

Andrew Beebe (abeebe@megalink.net)
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 22:46:40 -0500

Sean,

You need to check Calif. Motor Vehicle laws, but in most states, as long as
the vehicle is registered with a Gross Weight (vehicle and cargo) of under
10,000lbs. you don't need a CDL. If you notice the doors of all U-haul type
vehicles, they usually have a sticker that says GVWR 9,900 or Gross Vehicle
Weight Registered of 9,900lbs.

So you should be able to register the vehicle for that, as long as the
truck doesn't weight more the 10,000lbs empty.

Andy