Military Vehicles, January 1997,: Re: Jeep Trivia

Re: Jeep Trivia

Tony Standefer (WillysJeep@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 19:38:14 -0800

Lida L. Bensinger wrote:

> >Does anybody out there know what the two holes in the headlight
> >opening
> >are for on a ww2 jeep. Is it for some winterization kit or part of
> >the
> >manufacturing process??
>
> Don't know about this but what do you want to know about USMC jeeps?
> I have restored some.
>
> Daryl
>
> D & L Bensinger mitymite@juno.com
> 2442 Main St.
> Narvon, PA 17555
> Phone/FAX (610) 286-9545

Daryl

I'm particularly interested in what markings the marines used on their
jeeps during ww2. I have done some research on this, but two heads are
better than one!!! I live in a part of the country with no Marine Base,
so original specimens are not very common. I restored my 1944 Willys
with marine markings by talking to a vet and using his recolections and
what photos I could find of marine jeeps. Any feedback???