Re: [MV] "jeep" describes only '40-'45 1/4-tons?

SBJohnston@aol.com
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 13:08:43 -0500 (EST)

Jim wrote:

>As a GPW and M38 owner and previous owner of an M38A1,
>I think the term jeep applies equally to all military 1/4 tons.

>Inappropriate is when someone refers to their Suzuki Samari
> as a jeep.

That certainly seems a reasonable way to distinguish between the various
vehicles, and was my approach when discussing it, but I couldn't convince
them, nor they me. Maybe it was, in a way, a matter of "religion"?

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com