Re: [MV] Correctly naming military vehicles

Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 23:30:46 -0400

>Did I miss a meeting (or series of email)? I thought everyone agreed this
>was a good idea? Politcally correct? I thought the idea was to simply
>provide better descriptions of vehicles eg "M37" becomes "M37 Dodge 3/4 ton
>truck". Good idea, gets my vote.

I agree. The designators help people find the parts to keep them rolling.
Makes it a lot easier to get help that saying "I have an old green truck.
Does anyone have any parts for it?" Much more likely to get a response if
you say you have a M37.

Todd Paisley