Re: [MV] Re: Re. Sunken treasures

Mick O'Farrell (mick@trinity-design.ie)
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 09:44:28 +0100

>it's hughly doubtful anything could be salvaged...
>salt water...

True, nothing drivable could be salvaged, but unless it's all gone to
powder, there might be value in raising some items if anyone knew an exact
location. I recently visited the "Museum of Wrecks" in Normandy
(mentioned on the List a few months ago). It's got lots of vehicles and
material taken out of the sea after decades and it makes fascinating
viewing. It was the first close-up view I've had of the duplex drive
mechanism - even with the rust, I learned a lot.

I'd like a Sherman in my front garden, even if it was a rusted hulk...
(I certainly couldn't afford a drivable one!)

Mick O'Farrell
(Ireland)
Miss J -- '43 GPW/mb
s/n 90216 (no stars)

People talk about travelling "to find themselves".
I don't travel to find myself.
I travel to find myself in foreign places.