Re: Jeep Rope & Re: [MV] List FAQ?

Geoff Winnington-Ball (whiskey@netwave.ca)
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:34:27 -0400

Bravo, Brian!

IMHO, Mr Bell's post was no way an infraction of the "rules"... if,
perhaps, he had tried to get a thread going on the nature of
re-enacting, maybe, but his was a simple request for information which
may well have generated quite a number of replies on the restoration and
outfitting of Korean war vehicles.

To echo Brian's comment below, I have no grudge against anyone who
chooses a 'factory-fresh' restoration as his goal - indeed, one of my
closest friends insists upon it; but I myself prefer to see vehicles
kitted out as they were used in the field.

I don't re-enact myself, but I can respect those who do for the time and
research they put into this aspect of the MV hobby. I believe it is a
valid perspective.

Geoff

--
Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball MAPLE LEAF UP! ==> Zephyr, Ontario, Canada ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2 http://jump.to/mapleleafup ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~