Re: [MV] Temperature Sensor on MB/GPWs

fv74@altavista.net
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:47:15 -0400 (EDT)

Herb, I will check my engine tonight, But I think the sender uses a 3/8" NPT or a 1/2" NPT thread. There is no such thing as a helicoil for a tapered pipe thread. A good machine shop should be able to salvage your original threads. If not they can always tap the pipe thread to the next larger size and use a pipe bushing. You can easily test your temperature gage on your kitchen stove in a pot of heated water. Use a known to be good thermometer to check it against. There is no electrical connection since this is a mechanical gage. Repros are available, but I have yet to see one like my original. Maybe it wasn't original anyway.

Dave Fillman
45 MB