Re: [MV] 2.5-ton multifuel oil filter change

From: Ken Boge (ken@clovermachine.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 18:08:26 PST

Mark wrote:

> I did my first oil and filter change on my M109A3 2.5-ton shop van
> (with an LDT-465-1C engine) yesterday, and I found that an interesting
> modification was made to it sometime during its career. The pipe plug
> on the oil cooler, which you would normally remove to drain the filter
> bodies if you do the oil change "by the book", has been replaced with
> a small valve which looks similar to the one used for the engine block
> coolant drain.

Last time I changed the oil in my M35 I had the 5 gallons of oil installed
and everything was buttoned up (or so I thought). Pumped about 2 gallons of
oil out that little spigot real quick! Well it was nighttime and all I had
was a flashlight. Almost walked right into the stream before I noticed it.
Took 2 bags of kitty litter to clean it up. Yup, its a real handy little
spigot allright! And I'm a real handy mechanic.

Ken

To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@uller.skylee.com>
To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to <mil-veh-digest@uller.skylee.com>
Send administrative queries to <mil-veh-request@uller.skylee.com>