Re: [MV] Flashing lights for MV safety, general issue

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 00:19:01 PDT

One idea I've considered is to get some of that red and white striped
reflective tape commonly used on semitrailers, and apply it to
flexible magnetic strips. One could slap those reflectors all over
their vehicle for driving at night, but remove them in under a minute
for shows. That idea wouldn't work too well on vehicles with
non-ferrous bodies like the HMMWV (but the HMMWV has more marker
lights per square foot than many of its bigger brothers, anyway), but
I think it might help a lot on large, poorly-lit trucks like the
2.5-tons. What do y'all think about that?

I think the flashing beacon light idea is just fine... I'm just
throwing out another alternative.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/