Re: [MV] HR-4205, MVPA, EAA, NRA..........

From: Antoine (antoine@usa.net)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 09:33:01 PDT

The NRA votes can be a powerful boost, but BEWARE, they also can create a
strong backlash and cast a looong shadow over the pursuit of Mil-Veh
collecting objectives...to each his/her own battles... The field of a
political battle
is the eye of the public, and the public at large is not looking kindly to
the NRA, regardless of whose fault it is... As you correctly said, there are
a number of listers here (me for one, as everyone knows) who are NOT
supporters of the NRA and its methods (not necessarily "anti-gunners",
though, I have a small collection) and I for one would instantly drop my
membership to the MVPA if it was to embrace such an alliance "made in hell".
So far, I have refrained from flagging this off-topic gun-related
discussions, for fear of starting again a flame war like last year, but
enough is enough...
Antoine
Sherman Oaks, California
http://www.freehomepages.com/antoine
http://www.powow.com/harley42xa (Web site for the XA List)
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=991451&a=7588277

Harley-Davidson 42 WLA (in Normandy)
Harley-Davidson 42 XA 1474 (in Normandy)
Harley-Davidson 42 XA 1997 (in California)
Harley-Davidson 42 XA 1403 (project, in California)
MVPA #14803, MVCG France