Re: [MV] Ref: Humvee

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 15:39:27 PDT

Monte Bowe <mjbowe@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Need information on how to secure the Humvee when its parked.
> Something like a key switch and where do I install it? Any idea's
> out there.

I secure mine with a tire lock. Details are on my web page:

    http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/greentruck/truck2/mods.html#security

It's a bit inconvenient, but I think it provides superior security to
anything you could do to the electrical system, and it doesn't require
any vehicle modifications. I'm considering adding the lug nut cover
accessory to the lock, too.

Since I'm an electrical engineer, I naturally tried to think of ways
to disable my truck electrically. After much consideration, I decided
that there's nothing I could do the my truck's electrical system that
could not be quickly and easily reversed by anybody with basic
knowledge of how a car works.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/