[MV] Gene Pantano's posting

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 12:14:52 PST

Since I am the subject matter of Gene's target and he had
the audacity to write such a distorted letter, I feel the need
to respond. Though I remained anonymous in his posting,
I strongly feel my name will enter the picture via his relating
this story to someone.
Having just purchased an M101A2 trailer sans top and bows,
I was ecstatic when I read Gene's posting of a NOS kit he
was offering. I immediately responded by E-mail that I wanted
it and to advise me of shipping costs so I could include the
total amount in my check for CUCV glow plug cards. When
Gene sent me a E-mail informing me that he traded the kit
for a trailer, my entire and only response was:
Gene,
Although I've also been in the position of having a better offer made to me
after
I struck a deal, I never reneged and always went through with my original
deal.
I don't care for your business practice, so cancel my card order.
Joe
Gene, you say you are not a dealer, I say you are.
You purchase goods and resell them at a profit. You
are not donating spare parts, you sell them. Not a
single item I ever purchased from you was, or is,
intended for me to sell for a profit. I offer parts like
the heaters to my truck purchasing customers. See
my offer of NOS cargo cover and bow kits I offer to my
truck purchasers. I travel 2-12 hours each way to
Beachwood Canvas to buy these and pay $495. plus
6% NJ Sales Tax. So, on top of my actual cash outlay,
I have travel expenses. I sell this kits for $495., so am I
making a profit? Heck no, but customer satisfaction
comes first in my book.
The cards I had purchased were used to repair vehicles I have
for sale. I am not in the parts business and this is
stated in my magazine ads and my net sites.
If anyone doesn't want to sell me parts due to my reasoning,
then so be it.
Joe "MV Trucker" Young
www.joeyoung.com