Re: [MV] paint question

From: Emmett Thompson (kt4al@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 07:16:21 PST

I have a M-109A3 and I painted it with the Gillespie paint. It is painted
in "marine forest green" it looked good for about 4.5 years but after 5
years it is fading fast. The duce is too big to get into anything I own so
it sits at the back of the orange grove in the Florida sun. I would guess if
you wanted a GOOD paint that lasts a long time I would but a quality enamel
from your local auto body supplier. I plan on doing just that the next time
she gets a good coat or two. I should also note that that much GOOD paint
will be very expensive compared to the Gillespie coatings.

I just shot a quality epoxy based primer on my M416 that cost about $60.00
for 2 quarts and will shoot Gillespie over that but it will remain under the
barn and out of the sun.

Regards
Emmett