Re: [MV] Armed Forces Weekend Events

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 21:19:58 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <KH6JJS@aol.com>
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 10:57 AM
Subject: [MV] Armed Forces Weekend Events

> There will be a big Armed Forces Weekend at Camp Withycome in
> Clackamas,Oregon. The dates are Sat & Sun 19-20 May 2001.
>
> Uniformed troops from the Civil War,WWI, WWII,and Vietnam.
> Restored Military Vehicles from 1917 to 2000
> Free Tank Rides during the day!!!!
> Military Radios and equipment operating.
> Admission is free!!! So come out and have some fun,and experience our
Living
> History Weekend!!!

Sure wish I knew about this one in advance. I just saw the flyer for this
event this very morning, and unfortunately for those of us in B.C. and the
PNW, there are three events all happening at the same time: Ft. Rodd Hill
Period Encampment, the event in Oregon, and Puget Sound Chapter's camp-out
and fort tour at Fort Casey and Fort Ebey, Whidbey Is. A sizable
contingent of Western Command (Vancouver's MVPA chapter) will be heading
down to the Puget Sound event, but as none of us knew anything about the
Clackamas weekend, I doubt anyone from our club will be there.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.